Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9, 2010 Update

(hmm... don't you think I could be a little more creative with these blog titles? Honestly, by the time I get around to actually typing these, my brain is mostly shot and I cannot spend time trying to come up with something clever...)

Ethan cut his 8th tooth yesterday! Hip hip hooray! It was his upper right lateral incisor. Gosh... I feel like such a dentist when I write things like that. Lol~ He has had a runny nose which I HOPE is just from his tooth coming in. We have been pretty lucky with colds... he is 14 months old and only has had 3 colds in his short lifetime. I thought I read somewhere that the average baby/child gets 8-10 colds a year. Ugh. Of course, since he isn't in daycare and doesn't regularly interact with other children to swap germs...

Right now he is having dinner and on the menu for tonight is pasta with butter & parmesan cheese, string cheese, and his current favorite, grapes. My little chef has decided that it would be a fantastic combination to add his grapes to his pasta. Mmm... looks... rustic. He is also using one of his cute little toddler forks, which he adores.

One Sunday at family breakfast, Ethan had a baby fork and was eating. Well, Ethan likes to "gimme five" (as there is a fist-bump boycott currently underway in our house because my husband does not like that...), so silly Grandpa held his hand out to Ethan, which everyone knows is the international symbol for "gimme five,"and Ethan proceeded to ATTEMPT to give Gramps five... with his fork. Thank goodness Grandpa moved his hand quickly or that would have made for an interesting story to tell the ER.

We have been taking advantage of this pre-Spring weather and going out for walks and playing outside as well. It is so nice to get out of the house without really going anywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Ethan is such a cutie pie with his love of grapes and bunnies. I'm glad that the fork stabbing was thwarted though!

    ReplyDelete